This is a beginner’s safety and handling course designed specifically for youth.
Main subjects covered are:
- The 4 rules of firearms safety
- Responsibly to be safe when handling firearms (why we follow the 4 rules)
- The parts of a firearm
- How ammunition works
- Basic marksmanship
Students are then guided through the firing of several .22 caliber rifles. After firing 5 rounds with each action type, they are allowed to select ones to fire again with their remaining allotment of ammunition.
Each student will receive:
- A handout covering the course material
- Eye and ear protection
- 100 rounds of .22 ammunition
- A multiple bullseye target
Price for this course: $50 per youth. Additional ammunition and targets for more range time can be provided for an additional charge.